Welcome to St Stephen’s Preschool. We hope you find lots of interesting and helpful information about our preschool on this site.
As a starting point here is a “snap shot” of our Preschool.
- are open from 8.30 am and 4 pm during NSW public school terms. For an extra fee your child can start their Preschool day at 8.00 am.
- offer fee reductions for low income health care card holders and ATSI families.
- are proudly rated Exceeding under the National Quality Standards.
- value, promote and facilitate high quality interactions between children, staff and our families. Child:staff ratios are significantly above the regulatory requirement.
- have highly experienced, passionate, university trained Early Childhood Teachers, Diploma and Certificate three qualified educators.
- have an Inclusion Support Team including a Special Education Teacher and a Social Worker/Behaviour therapist who work in conjunction with our team and families to ensure that the children are receiving the most relevant and appropriate supports.
- are a Community Based, ‘not for profit’ Preschool. Each year our Board of Management is elected at our Annual General Meeting and comprises members of St Stephen’s Church and preschool family members.
“At St Stephen’s it is our belief that it is our role and responsibility to champion the rights of children above all else and that underpins all that we do.”
Our Preschool sits on the land of the Durag and Guringai people, the traditional custodians of the land. We pay respects to elders past, present and emerging.
Views From our Director – Ariane.
Thank you for visiting our website and learning a little about us. For 45 years we have been working with our families to ensure that their children have a wonderful preschool experience which in turn promotes successful transitions to school.
We are strong advocates for accessible and equitable early childhood eduction for all children and families in our community. We have an expectation for our staff team to seek out ongoing training and development so that current educational methodologies are explored, reflected upon and integrated into our program.
It is well documented that a high quality preschool education benefits children during their preschool years and beyond into their future.
Unfortunately during these COVID-19 times we are not able to welcome you to visit us to see what a high quality preschool looks, feels and sounds like, however we have made a virtual tour for you. Whilst we can not show the relationships that develop once you join the St Stephen’s family we can show you the setting in which they happen.
What Parents Say
‘My husband and I chose St Stephens for our youngest son who had struggled significantly in long day care, so much so that I had to reduce work hours because of his anxiety and the revolving door of staff in larger centers. St Stephen’s showed us a new way of educating and nurturing through care and compassion – he left there a different child – cheeky, confident and school ready. The teaching staff endeavor to weave skill development through play based learning, create a strong connection to the environment and demonstrate ways for children to connect with their peers respectfully. We would not hesitate in recommending Ariane and her team to any family looking for a forward- thinking, safe, educational space for their child to be embraced into..
St Stephens preschool offers an incredibly loving and nurturing environment for our children. The teachers provide just the right amount of guidance for our children as they learn how to become good friends and explore the world around them. All of the staff are kind and caring and instill a love of learning. We are so fortunate to have found St Stephens Preschool and are so grateful to the St Stephens community for enriching not only our children’s lives but also our family as a whole.
Green Tree Frog Team
Red Kangaroo Team
Leadership and Admin Team.