- St Stephen’s Preschool is a very special place in a thriving, diverse community. We acknowledge that our Preschool sits on the land of the Darug and Guringai people, the traditional owners of the land, and that the Preschool was established many years ago, by the members of the St Stephen’s Church. Our Preschool has a long history that we are proud of.
- All children deserve a champion and the rights of the child are clearly identified in the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (1991) and the declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
- At St Stephen’s it is our belief that it is our role and responsibility to champion the rights of all children above all else and that underpins all that we do.
- We believe that all children should know, feel and believe that they are important, special, valued and safe.
- We believe that all children have the right to a voice, to an opinion and to be heard.
- We believe in the importance for children to develop a strong sense of self and worth, to respect and value themselves, their families, their cultures and the culture of others. From this comes true acceptance, empathy and compassion.