Welcome to St Stephen’s Preschool. We hope you find lots of interesting and helpful information about our preschool on this site.
As a starting point here is a “snap shot” of our Preschool.
- are open from 8.30 am and 4 pm during NSW public school terms. For an extra fee your child can start their Preschool day at 8.00 am.
- offer fee reductions for low income health care card holders and ATSI families.
- are proudly rated Exceeding under the National Quality Standards.
- value, promote and facilitate high quality interactions between children, staff and our families. Child:staff ratios are significantly above the regulatory requirement.
- have highly experienced, passionate, university trained Early Childhood Teachers, Diploma and Certificate three qualified educators.
- have an Inclusion Support Team including a Special Education Teacher and a Social Worker/Behaviour therapist who work in conjunction with our team and families to ensure that the children are receiving the most relevant and appropriate supports.
- are a Community Based, ‘not for profit’ Preschool. Each year our Board of Management is elected at our Annual General Meeting and comprises members of St Stephen’s Church and preschool family members.
“At St Stephen’s it is our belief that it is our role and responsibility to champion the rights of children above all else and that underpins all that we do.”
We welcome visitors. If you would like to come and see us please click here for further information.
News From our Director – Ariane.
Welcome to 2018 and a new year of Preschool. Over the summer break I have been reflecting on what it is that sets our Preschool apart from others.
Whilst many things come to mind I believe the main factor is the genuine, authentic, real connections and relationships that we form with our families. Without genuine trust, the ability to talk openly and honestly and share a laugh or tear it is difficult to really feel connected and like we belong. This, I believe is important in all areas of life – relationships are key to everything and everyone. When children see adults in healthy, open, authentic relationships they learn to trust, they see and experience real communication in action and through that learn invaluable life lessons.
I look forward to meeting you all as the term progresses and getting to know you all better. The girls and I in the office are always ready for a chat and a laugh.
Until next time, be kind to you.
What Parents Say
‘My husband and I chose St Stephens for our youngest son who had struggled significantly in long day care, so much so that I had to reduce work hours because of his anxiety and the revolving door of staff in larger centers. St Stephen’s showed us a new way of educating and nurturing through care and compassion – he left there a different child – cheeky, confident and school ready. The teaching staff endeavor to weave skill development through play based learning, create a strong connection to the environment and demonstrate ways for children to connect with their peers respectfully. We would not hesitate in recommending Ariane and her team to any family looking for a forward- thinking, safe, educational space for their child to be embraced into..
St Stephens preschool offers an incredibly loving and nurturing environment for our children. The teachers provide just the right amount of guidance for our children as they learn how to become good friends and explore the world around them. All of the staff are kind and caring and instill a love of learning. We are so fortunate to have found St Stephens Preschool and are so grateful to the St Stephens community for enriching not only our children’s lives but also our family as a whole.